- Ann Cleeves – Dead Water
- Gordon Ferris – Pilgrim Soul
- Malcolm MacKay – How a Gunman Says Goodbye
- Denise Mina – The Red Road
- Val McDermid – The Vanishing Point
- Ian Rankin – Standing in Another Man’s Grave
All very deserving of their place, I'm sure.
But this is my issue...I seem, these days, to sway away from the well known author - those who have 'made it' and I spend my time reading from the 'Indie' list or those from small publishing houses.
Who would you nominate for the 'Alternative' Crime book of the year - somebody not yet well known, needn't be Scottish.
I'll start the ball rolling with Paul D. Brazill and his Luke Case series, RED ESPERANTO, DEATH ON A HOT AFTERNOON and THE KELLY AFFAIR.
Over to you...